In 2020, the world is facing a multi-faceted health crisis with dramatic consequences. It ignores borders and calls for collective solutions. Yet international coordination is lagging, short-term national calculations take precedence and solidarity with developing countries is in short supply. The Paris Peace Forum was created to respond to the crisis of multilateralism, which accelerated…Read More
Advancing governance initiatives The Call for Projects launched in March 2020 received more than 850 applications – a record since the creation of the Forum – from all types of actors: NGOs, companies, international organizations, states, local authorities… This is a sign that, despite the pandemic, there remains an astounding reservoir of international cooperation and…Read More
A new digital experience Due to the Covid-19 pandemic’s resurgence, the third edition of the Paris Peace Forum will be held in digital format. A unique platform, specifically designed to replicate the physical experience and enable a full event to be held in times of pandemic, will allow more than 10,000 participants to take part…Read More
Facts & figures of the 2020 edition
The online third edition of the Paris Peace Forum was held from 11 to 13 November 2020 via a specially developed digital platform, convening leaders and actors from civil society around the world to advance concrete global governance solutions.
- Featuring 117 hours of live broadcasting.
- 178 debate sessions and project pitches on the 3-day agenda.
- More than 50 heads of state and government as well as 29 international organizations took an active part.
- 100 project teams showcased their concrete solutions to international challenges.
- 442 high-level speakers participated in interactive debates.
- 12,000 individuals representing 174 countries participated from NGOs, companies, foundations, philanthropic organizations, development agencies, religious groups, trade unions, think tanks, universities, and civil society at large.
The countdown is on for the fourth edition! Join us on the 11-13 Nov. 2021