In 2020, the world is facing a health crisis with dramatic consequences that knows no borders and calls for collective solutions. Yet international coordination is at a loss, while short-term national calculations and lack of solidarity, especially with developing countries, take precedence. The Paris Peace Forum was created to respond to this crisis of multilateralism,…Read More
For the third consecutive year, the Paris Peace Forum resembles the most important players in collective intelligence. Numerous heads of state and Government and CEOs of major multinationals, as well as several civil society actors, will gather in Paris and on our digital platform from November 11 to 13 to advance concrete solutions to the…Read More
The first-ever global meeting of all Public Development Banks, the Finance in Common Summit will take place during the third edition of the Paris Peace Forum.Read More
Facts & figures of the 2019 edition
The second edition of the Paris Peace Forum was held from 11 to 13 November 2019 at la Grande Halle de La Villette, convening leaders and actors from civil society around the world to advance concrete global governance solutions:
- 33 heads of state and government as well as 12 international organizations took an active part.
- 114 project teams showcased their concrete solutions to international challenges.
- 336 high-level speakers participated in interactive debates.
- 75 multi-stakeholder actors took part in one of three PeaceGame sessions on climate and security.
- 450 journalists attended from around the globe to cover the event.
- 7,000 individuals representing 164 countries participated from NGOs, companies, foundations, philanthropic organizations, development agencies, religious groups, trade unions, think tanks, universities, and civil society at large.
Peace is comprised of all solutions that help minimize international tensions: cooperation to fight climate change and resource scarcity, institutions to channel power rivalries and administer global public goods, justice to assuage grievances, and regulation to address inequalities and abuses of power.