The Paris Peace Forum calls on all organizations to bring concrete and innovative solutions that tackle global challenges and to present them at the third edition of its annual event. The deadline of the Call for Projects has been extended to Wednesday 24 June 2020 at 6pm (Paris time) or 4pm (GMT).Read More
More than 7,000 participants representing no less than 164 countries joined 33 heads of state and governement as well as 12 international organizations, convening for three days at La Grande Halle de La Villette at the second edition of the Paris Peace Forum to advance concrete global governance solutions.Read More
Facts & figures of the 2019 edition
The second edition of the Paris Peace Forum was held from 11 to 13 November 2019 at la Grande Halle de La Villette, convening leaders and actors from civil society around the world to advance concrete global governance solutions:
- 33 heads of state and government as well as 12 international organizations took an active part.
- 114 project teams showcased their concrete solutions to international challenges.
- 336 high-level speakers participated in interactive debates.
- 75 multi-stakeholder actors took part in one of three PeaceGame sessions on climate and security.
- 450 journalists attended from around the globe to cover the event.
- 7,000 individuals representing 164 countries participated from NGOs, companies, foundations, philanthropic organizations, development agencies, religious groups, trade unions, think tanks, universities, and civil society at large.
Peace is comprised of all solutions that help minimize international tensions: cooperation to fight climate change and resource scarcity, institutions to channel power rivalries and administer global public goods, justice to assuage grievances, and regulation to address inequalities and abuses of power.