JOIN US LIVE ON 17 MAY, 17:00 – 19:45 CEST / Paris time Helping bridge the North-South divide on critical challenges: vaccines, debt, climateRead More
Project Syndicate｜Justin Vaïsse Failure to heal divisions over vaccine availability for developing countries could poison the well of global cooperation and imperil the COP26 climate negotiations. Advanced economies should therefore offer the Global South a “solidarity package” encompassing vaccine distribution, debt relief, and climate goals. Will negotiators from the Global South be barred from attending…Read More
Building a new international consensus At the last Paris Peace Forum, several world leaders launched a global discussion on forging a new consensus for the post-COVID-19 world. In partnership with Project Syndicate and its member newspapers worldwide, the Paris Peace Forum will continue to drive the debate forward. Published on 3 February, 2021 by Le…Read More
In 2020, the world is facing a multi-faceted health crisis with dramatic consequences. It ignores borders and calls for collective solutions. Yet international coordination is lagging, short-term national calculations take precedence and solidarity with developing countries is in short supply. The Paris Peace Forum was created to respond to the crisis of multilateralism, which accelerated…Read More
Facts & figures of the 2020 edition
The online third edition of the Paris Peace Forum was held from 11 to 13 November 2020 via a specially developed digital platform, convening leaders and actors from civil society around the world to advance concrete global governance solutions.
- Featuring 117 hours of live broadcasting.
- 178 debate sessions and project pitches on the 3-day agenda.
- More than 50 heads of state and government as well as 29 international organizations took an active part.
- 100 project teams showcased their concrete solutions to international challenges.
- 442 high-level speakers participated in interactive debates.
- 12,000 individuals representing 174 countries participated from NGOs, companies, foundations, philanthropic organizations, development agencies, religious groups, trade unions, think tanks, universities, and civil society at large.
The countdown is on for the fourth edition! Join us on the 11-13 Nov. 2021