We are both an actor and a platform
We are an event that mobilizes stakeholders for collective action.
Every year in November, we put global governance on the agenda of leaders and civil society. We invite public and private organizations from around the world to present their governance projects. These projects are presented in the form of stands and take part in debates with leaders, elected officials, experts and other stakeholders. Our annual Forum is also a platform for launching multi-actor initiatives, i.e. new normative or organizational instruments that have a direct impact on global governance. More broadly, it is a place for dialogue and cooperation on global governance solutions. It is also a space for networking, bilateral meetings and mediation. The annual Forum is more than a conference: it is also a congress, an exhibition and a summit, structured around three complementary spaces:
- The Space for Solutions: any organization can present and advance a new governance project
- The Debate Agenda: where stakeholders in global governance can discuss projects, initiatives and ideas to address contemporary challenges
- The Space for Innovation: where specialists bring out the technological solutions of tomorrow’s world
We are also a platform for advancing the most promising governance projects.
Each year, we support ten governance projects selected from those presented at the annual Forum. Throughout the year, we provide these projects with tailored support for their advocacy, communication and organizational development activities.
Since 2018, the Forum has gathered:
from more than 175 countries
Heads of state and government
from all over the world
Leaders of international organizations
in debating solutions to today's greatest challenges
Publications and media appearances
The annual reports of the Paris Peace Forum reflect its vital role in promoting world peace. They highlight the diversity of participants, political initiatives and projects supported, underlining the Forum’s ongoing commitment to international cooperation.
About the previous editions
From 11 to 13 November 2018, one hundred years after the end of First World War, the inaugural edition of the Paris Peace Forum convened:
- 106 countries officially represented
- 65 heads of state and government and 10 international organizations took part in the Forum through debates, bilateral meetings, and discussions with project leaders
- 121 governance solutions were showcased, and 10 projects were chosen to benefit from a full year of support
- 275 high level speakers took part in multi-stakeholder and interactive debates
- 80 participants participated in a three-day hackathon to design digital solutions on financial data transparency
- New flagship initiatives were launched by hybrid coalitions of global governance actors
- 7000 global governance actors from122 countries took part, such as NGOs, companies, development agencies, philanthropies, religious groups, associations, think tanks, and universities
>> Watch the videos of 2018 Forum debates on our YouTube page.
From 11 to 13 November 2019, the second edition of the Paris Peace Forum was the occasion to celebrate several initiatives of the past such as the 100 years of the International Labor Organization (ILO), the 70 years of the Conventions of Geneva and the 30 years of the fall of the Berlin Wall.
- 140 countries officially represented
- 33 heads of state and government et 12 international organizations participated in the Forum through debates, bilateral meetings, discussions with project leaders
- 114 governance solutions were showcased, and 10 projects were chosen to benefit from a full year of support
- 336 high level speakers took part in multi-stakeholder and interactive debates
- 75 actors took part in the PeaceGames
- 7000 global governance actors from 164 countries participated such as NGOs, companies, development agencies, philanthropic organisms, religious groups, associations, think tanks, and universities
>> Watch the 2019 Forum’s debates on our Youtube page.
The online third edition of the Paris Peace Forum was held from 11 to 13 November 2020 via a specially developed digital platform, convening leaders and actors from civil society around the world to advance concrete global governance solutions.
- Featuring 117 hours of live broadcasting.
- 178 debate sessions and project pitches on the 3-day agenda.
- More than 50 heads of state and government as well as 29 international organizations took an active part.
- 100 project teams showcased their concrete solutions to international challenges.
- 442 high-level speakers participated in interactive debates.
- 12,000 individuals representing 174 countries participated from NGOs, companies, foundations, philanthropic organizations, development agencies, religious groups, trade unions, think tanks, universities, and civil society at large.
>> Watch the 2020 Forum’s debates on our Youtube page.
In 2021, the fourth edition counted:
- 15,000 online participants and 1000 present in Paris
- 45 heads of state and government and leaders of international organizations taking part in the Forum
- 1,400 NGO representatives
- 74 debate sessions
- 80 projects from around the world presented in the Space for Solutions
>> Watch the 2021 Forum’s debates on our Youtube page.