The association’s permanent secretariat team, with its varied, multi-skilled profiles (diplomacy, public policy, communications, programming, operations, protocol, etc.), is currently looking for a collaborator to fill the role of Secretary-General.
The mission will take place at the headquarters of the permanent secretariat of the Paris Peace Forum.
Reporting to the Founder and Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director, the Secretary-General will run operations and manage the association, and will directly supervise three departments: finance, human resources and general services.
- Manage daily operations of the association by supervising and coordinating all administrative, legal, financial and human resources functions.
- Assist the executive leadership in the strategic management of the association
- Manage cross-functional missions and tasks and arbitrate the allocation of resources
- Oversee the association’s financial, accounting and tax management, in coordination with the Administrative and Financial Manager
- Assist the executive leadership in their reporting to the governing bodies (General Assembly and Executive Council).
- Ensure that methods and procedures comply with current standards and legislation
- Coordinate the association’s general services and human resources, and help maintain a positive social dialogue
- Draft annual financial reports; oversee the association’s reporting to donors and the proper execution of services; seek effective methods for monitoring the association’s performance and management
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in law, management or business administration
- Fluent written and spoken English (C2 level or equivalent);
- Previous experience in:
- management of an international organization such as a think tank or association
- experience as Secretary-General or COO
- international work experience
- experience in the private sector and/or consulting is a plus
- at least 10 years’ professional experience
ADDITIONAL VALUABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven management skills;
- Expertise in operational and strategic planning;
- Knowledge of the international dimension of the association’s mission;
- Excellent writing skills in French and English; Analytical skills, in French and English;
- Proven interpersonal skills, including in a multicultural environment;
- Organization and coordination skills;
- Communication skills and knowledge in corporate social responsibility issues;
- Autonomy and ability to work within tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of law, non-profit taxation and management.
- Monitoring changes in standards and legislation
- Monitoring and evaluation processes
- Understanding of the event-driven dimension of the association’s work
The Secretary General will work at the Permanent Secretariat of the Paris Peace Forum, located in Paris (15th arrondissement).
Salary to be negotiated, comparable to salaries in equivalent structures (think tank, non-governmental organization, administration).
Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date : 30/11/2023
ABOUT THE PARIS PEACE FORUM
The Paris Peace Forum is a French initiative launched in 2018 to create a multi-actor platform in Paris to address global governance issues. Throughout the year, the Forum works to strengthen the governance of global commons, such as space, cyberspace, or the oceans, and improve the international management of global issues, the development of AI and disruptive technologies, or the ecological and social transition of the economy. Its annual event gathers heads of state, government and international organization, as well as civil society and private sector leaders, around concrete initiatives with an emphasis on the global South.