Ranking Digital Rights
Project led by :
The project works with a global community of partners to set global standards for evaluating and benchmarking the world’s most powerful internet, mobile and telecommunications companies on their commitments and policies affecting users’expression and privacy.
Having proven its impact on company policies and disclosures, the project is now moving into a new phase of development. In 2019 and 2020, the goal is to expand the Index, through an update of the methodology and the development of new indicators and areas such as algorithmic accountability, as well as transparency standards for advertising technology. The project leaders would also like to increase the visibility of the RDR Index, strengthen the engagements of the investors and diversify the donor partners. The Paris Peace Forum Scale-up Committee provides strategic and technical advice and support to the project leaders: Supporting the promotion of the Index, increasing the project’s visibility and connecting the project leaders with key policy makers and investors.
• The Economist: Russians are shunning state-controlled TV for YouTube
• Launch of the 2019 Ranking Digital Rights Corporate Accountability Index in:
• Stockholm (Sweden) on 16 May 2019 - Stockholm Internet Forum
• Paris (France) on 17 May 2019 - Vivatech
• Washington (United States) on 21 May 2019
• Palo Alto (United States) on 23 May 2019
• 11 - 14 June 2019 : The project team participates in the Summit RightsCon in Tunis