Ranking Digital Rights
Project led by :
With a community of international partners, this project works to establish common standards for evaluating and benchmarking the world’s most powerful internet, mobile and telecommunications companies on their commitments and policies affecting users’ expression and privacy.
The project is now entering its third phase of development. The main objective is to expand the Index to include new areas through an update of the methodology and development of new indicators. RDR aims to become a reference in the technology sector, as well as support it in its design and operation to ensure human rights and democracy.
Project leaders also aim to increase the visibility of the index, strengthen investors' commitments and diversify their partners. For this project, the Scale-up Committee of the Paris Peace Forum provides strategic advice and support: promoting the Index, increasing the visibility of the initiative and connecting with stakeholders and investors.
• The Economist: Russians are shunning state-controlled TV for YouTube
• Launch of the 2019 Ranking Digital Rights Corporate Accountability Index in:
• Stockholm (Sweden) on 16 May 2019 - Stockholm Internet Forum
• Paris (France) on 17 May 2019 - Vivatech
• Washington (United States) on 21 May 2019
• Palo Alto (United States) on 23 May 2019
• 11 - 14 June 2019 : Participation in the Summit RightsCon in Tunis