The Paris Peace Forum is recruiting a Program Officer on a short-term contract (6 months) to strengthen its team. The Program Officer will help shape, organize and deliver the program of the Paris Peace Forum (next edition: 11-12 November 2022). They will report to the Forum’s Program Director and collaborate with the Permanent Secretariat’s various departments.
Help develop the Paris Peace Forum event program:
- Ensure the smooth preparation and delivery of the on-site and online sessions as well as related editorial materials in coordination with the Program Director and the Secretariat’s teams;
- Research global governance topics to prepare the event sessions if needed;
- Draft and send invitation letters, and monitor responses;
- Organize meetings with speakers and write meeting minutes
- Prepare and send briefs and practical information to speakers;
- Update program information on follow-up tools and databases
Ensure the operational implementation of the program:
- Coordinate the sessions’ logistical preparation with the operations’ team and the event agency
- Liaise with confirmed speakers and coordinate all necessary preparations;
- Check the thoroughness of speakers’ event registration;
- Welcome and brief speakers on-site and online;
- Ensure the smooth running of the sessions during the event;
- Help prepare post-event wrap-up report and statistics;
- Contribute to the Forum’s intermediate events organization as needed;
The Program Officer will work closely with the other permanent Secretariat departments, particularly its Operations, Communications, Partnerships, and Projects teams.
- Education: Master’s Degree (or equivalent);
- Areas of specialization: international relations, political science, international law, development, international cooperation, etc.;
- Proficiency in English and French, both written and spoken (C2 level or equivalent required);
- Excellent command of the Microsoft Office suite and digital tools;
- Experience in organizing international events or conferences would be appreciated.
- Command of other foreign languages will be considered a plus.
- Strong writing, analysis, and summarizing skills in both French and English;
- Solid organizational skills and methodological thoroughness;
- Good understanding of international organizations and a solid awareness of the issues addressed by the Forum;
- Ability to work in a team as well as autonomously;
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and under pressure;
- Strong communication, adaptability and interpersonal skills, in particular with international contacts from various types of organizations.
Fixed-term contract starting July to December 2022 for a duration of 6 months.
Salary: 33K (gross/year), depending on profile and experience + 50% of lunch vouchers + 50% of transport costs + 50% company health insurance.
The Paris Peace Forum’s Permanent Secretariat offices are located in Paris (15ème arrondissement). Part of the work can take place remotely, depending on the sanitary conditions and the Secretariat’s Executive management’s instructions.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 July 2022, with “Program Officer” as the email subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Note: CVs and cover letters sent in English are a plus.
ABOUT THE PARIS PEACE FORUM
The Paris Peace Forum is a French initiative launched in 2018 to create a multi-actor platform in Paris to address global governance issues. Throughout the year, the Forum works to strengthen the governance of global commons, such as space, cyberspace, or the oceans, and improve the international management of global issues, the development of AI and disruptive technologies, or the ecological and social transition of the economy. Its annual event gathers heads of state, government and international organization, as well as civil society and private sector leaders, around concrete initiatives with an emphasis on the global South.