2022-23 Scale-up project
Measuring non-financial impact is difficult, particularly across business activities, countries, and even more so in the Global South, and for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME’s). This prevents financing decisions being made that are informed by more than profit metrics, and current data, and regulatory requirements exclude and/or disadvantage MSME’s.
Vested Impact’s platform leverages over 300 million data points to assess and measure the non-financial impact of individual companies’ products and services against global standards for development; automatically and independently. Vested is on track to assess over 1.5M companies, including over 1M MSME’s across +100 countries. The goal is to enable non-financial impact to be factored into financing decisions; empower over 1M MSME’s, and produce the worlds’ largest global evidence base to inform policy on the impact of sustainable practices for and by businesses.
Over the past year, Vested Impact has:
1. Grown its revenue x5,
2. Attracted more investment, including from Mastercard Strive Fund, to launch our platform to +1.2M Small and Medium Enterprises (SME's),
3. Assessed the impact of over 350 SME’s for private sector clients,
4. Provided an analysis for public report of 500 financial services companies impact on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG's) to inform policy in the United Kingdom,
5. Improved its communications materials and messaging with the guidance of the Scale-up program (SCUP)’s mentors,
6. Increased its network with support of SCUP mentors.
The exposure from being selected as a SCUP project, and the dedication and support from our SCUP Mentors to improve our communications, and expand our network helped us grow our organisation x5 in 1 year.