Director of Partnerships
The Paris Peace Forum is a platform that brings together global governance players, supports projects, and builds coalitions to find solutions to the world’s major challenges. Throughout the year, the Forum works to strengthen the governance of global commons and public goods such as space, cyberspace, and the oceans, and to improve international management of major issues, from the development of artificial intelligence and disruptive technologies to the risk of pandemics and global warming. The annual event brings together heads of state, government, and international organization, as well as leaders from civil society and the private sector, around impactful initiatives, with an emphasis on North-South cooperation.
The association’s permanent secretariat is currently looking for a “Director of Partnerships” to manage fundraising operations.
The mission of the Partnerships Department is to raise funds from public and private organizations (philanthropic foundations, companies, governments and local authorities, development banks and agencies, international organizations) to finance the association’s budget (around €10M per year). The Partnerships Department also implements the associated partnerships and delivers on the benefits offered, in close coordination with the association’s other departments (programming, operations, projects, administration, communications, external relations and political initiatives).
The Partnership Department currently comprises three experienced managers. It works closely with the Executive Director.
- Develop the fundraising strategy and coordinate its execution, in association with the leadership and other staff members ;
- Manage the Partnerships Department: assist the Partnerships Managers, keep up the processes and tools ;
- Lead fundraising activities, from renewing existing partnerships to prospecting new supporters, for the financing of the annual event, ongoing thematic programs, and of the organization as a whole;
- Prepare fundraising missions in France or abroad, in liaison with the Executive Director’s office, and lead these missions alone, with the Partnerships Managers, or come in support of the Executive Director;
- Oversee the preparation of fundraising memos and proposals ;
- Manage and supervise the formalization of partnerships under various types of contracts, within the framework of the appropriate fiscal regime (“mécénat”) ;
- Ensure the production of evaluation and donor reports as required, in close coordination with the relevant departments, notably Finance & Administration;
- Coordinate the implementation of partnerships, and particularly the delivery of benefits at the annual or other events, in liaison with the other departments ;
- Cultivate relationships with partners and donors and keep them well informed throughout the year.
- Previous experience strongly preferred, with at least 8-10 years’ experience in fundraising and partnerships, if possible, in an international context (particularly in the United States) ;
- Level of training: Bachelor (Master’s preferred) in a relevant field ;
- Knowledge of the legal framework for philanthropy in France and internationally required.
- Excellent knowledge of the players and issues in international relations ;
- Bilingual in French and English ;
- Experience of events and the delivery of benefits desirable.
SKILLS & QUALITIES REQUIRED:
- Rigor, autonomy and initiative ;
- Team management skills ;
- Knowledge of fundraising practices in the United States ;
- Ability to manage complex relationships and network ;
- Ability to adapt and work with tight deadlines.
Full-time, open-ended contract, starting as soon as possible. Lunch vouchers and reimbursement of 50% of travel expenses.
The Paris Peace Forum Permanent Secretariat is located in Paris (15th arrondissement). A maximum of two days’ teleworking per week will be possible, subject to approval by management.
Through its recruitment policy, the Forum is committed to diversity; it evaluates applications fairly and respects and promotes equal opportunities. We welcome all applicants and are committed to creating an inclusive working environment. All our positions are open to people with disabilities.
Interested candidates are asked to send a CV and covering letter by February 29, 2024 to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying “Director of Partnerships” in the subject line of the email.