Volunteers Project Officer
Job to be filled as of :
The Permanent Secretariat of the Association is currently looking to fill a position of full-time Volunteers’ Project Officer for a duration of 3 months. He/She will work on the successful implementation of the 4th edition of the event (November 2021), under the responsibility of the Chief Operating Officer.
- Organizing the selection process for students and issuing call for volunteers’ applications
- Carrying-out the initial evaluation of applications, seeking-out and obtaining advice along with final validation by schools’ management teams and the Paris Peace Forum management team
- Defining the tasks and responsibilities assigned to volunteers (reception, delegations support, digital support, note-takers…)
- Acting as a link between the Paris Peace Forum, the volunteers and the schools’ management teams
- Organizing student participant during the event (roles, shifts…) and the lead the volunteers’ group as a community
Considering the hybrid-nature of the 2021 edition of the Paris Peace Forum, the Volunteers’ Project Officer will ensure the participation of both on-site and of-site volunteers with no possibility to be present in Paris.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Volunteers Project Officer will work in close relationship with all the permanent secretariat’s members.
Qualifications & Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Bac +4) or equivalent diploma
- English speaking (bilingual or native speaker would be a great asset)
- Previous experience at international event(s) is appreciated
- Interpersonal skills with a real ability to manage and interact with a wide variety of cultural backgrounds,
- Strong capacity to adapt and to work within tight deadlines,
- High methodological precision
Full-time, fixed-term contract for a period of 3 months, salary to be negotiated depending on experience.
The mission will take place within the Permanent Secretariat of the Paris Peace Forum, located in Paris (15th arrondissement). All or a portion of the work can be carried out at schools’ head offices or at distance, depending on health conditions and on the instructions of Secretariat management.
Interested candidates are requested to send a CV and cover letter by 1 August 2021 via email to email@example.com specifying “Volunteers Project Officer” in the subject line of the email.
About the Paris Peace Forum
Conceived as a response to the rising tensions of the contemporary world, the Paris Peace Forum aims to be the place for governance solutions. Based on the belief that international cooperation is crucial to meeting global challenges and ensuring lasting peace, the Paris Peace Forum aims to bring together all global governance actors (states, international organizations, companies, foundations, NGOs and civil society as a whole) around concrete projects and initiatives.