Public and Diplomatic Relations Intern
Job to be filled as of :
End of July, early August
The Public and Diplomatic Relations Intern will help manage the Association’s relations with its institutional partners and all embassies and diplomatic representations in Paris. In particular, they will support the Protocol department by managing invitations and preparing the participation of heads of state, government, and international organizations in the Paris Peace Forum. Furthermore, the Public and Diplomatic Relations Intern will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, from preparing official ceremonies, inaugurations, and other institutional events to compiling records for the Paris Peace Forum.
The Public and Diplomatic Relations Intern reports to the Head of Protocol and will assist with the following tasks:
- manage relations with embassies and permanent representations in Paris;
- help prepare information meetings with embassies and permanent representations;
- manage relations with the Forum’s institutional partners (institutions and events);
- monitor the work of institutional partners and partner events (projects, structuring initiatives, events);
- prepare the participation of government and international organization representatives in close connection with the Association’s Programming and Operations departments;
- identify and qualify the communities likely to take part in the event;
- monitor the registration process and prepare reports;
- support the management of claims and special requests;
- support the entire invitation process (including official invitations) in the run-up to the event as well as the drafting and sending of thank you letters after the event;
- prepare drafts of official letters, diplomatic correspondence, and reports;
- support the management of all protocol-related aspects (registration, reception, seating, briefs) during the event;
- support the drafting and analysis of satisfaction surveys after the event;
- prepare statistics and reports on the participation of the different communities during the event;
- support the implementation of the Steering Committee’s work;
- prepare meeting minutes.
- Education: Master’s degree in communication, political science, law (or equivalent)
- Professional proficiency in English (another foreign language would be appreciated)
- Writing skills, perfect command of spelling, syntax, and style
- Excellent command of MS Excel and core IT tools
- Ability to implement a rule, a standard, a process, a protocol
- Ability to consult management when required
- Methodology, organizational skills, and thoroughness
- Understanding context, constraints, and complexity
- Diplomacy, interpersonal skills, team worker
- Responsiveness, composure, anticipation, and proactiveness during the event
- Excellent presentation
- Discretion and restraint
- Ability to suggest innovative solutions
- High degree of availability and commitment required
Six month internship. Compensation: €750/month + 50% of lunch vouchers + 50% of transport costs
The Paris Peace Forum’s Permanent Secretariat offices are located in Paris (15e arrondissement). All or part of the work can take place remotely, depending on the health conditions and the Secretariat’s Executive management’s instructions.
Please send your CV and cover letter (FR and EN) to email@example.com by 25 July, with “Protocol internship” as the email subject line.
ABOUT THE PARIS PEACE FORUM
The Paris Peace Forum was designed as a response to the rising challenges of the contemporary world, it aims to be the gathering place for governance solutions. Based on the belief that international cooperation is crucial to meeting global challenges and ensuring lasting peace, the Paris Peace Forum aims to bring together all global governance actors (states, international organizations, companies, foundations, NGOs, and civil society as a whole) around concrete projects and initiatives.