Job to be filled as of :
The Project Manager works under the direct responsibility of the Secretary General and the Director General, and in close collaboration with all members of the Permanent Secretariat of the Forum. He/she will coordinate all the activities carried out within the Projects team and oversees a team of three people: the Projects Officer, the Project Support Officer and the Projects Assistant.
Organisation and coordination of the selected projects presented at the annual event:
- Defining the selection process (method, criteria), drafting and launching of the Call for projects;
- Distributing the Call for projects, identifying and mobilizing potential project leaders;
- Defining the composition of and facilitating the Selection Committee;
- Supervising the applicant evaluation and supporting the members of the Selection Committee in their work;
- Maintaining and facilitating the project leader community.
Organisation and coordination of the project support method, in close collaboration with the members of the Forum’s Scale-up Committee:
- Composing and coordinating with the Scale-up Committee in the development of the support process and tools for advancement;
- Organising the work of the Scale-up Committee, in close collaboration with the supported project leaders;
- Evaluating the impact of the work of the Scale-up Committee (supervision of the drafting of the Scale-up Committee’s activity report);
- Organizing the selection process for projects benefiting from support (criteria, evaluation tools, selection method, setting up the Jury and ensuring support for the members of the Jury in their work);
- Maintaining and facilitating the community of supported project leaders.
Operational coordination of the selected and supported projects’ participation in the annual event:
- Supervising the support of the project leaders until their participation in the event (preparation of their participation, welcome and follow-up during the event);
- Supervising the organisation and development of the Space for Solutions as well as the area for reporting on the progress of the projects supported (production management, reception and processing of the customised content of the dedicated areas);
- Developping and supporting the experience of the selected project leaders during the event (identification of projects to be included in the program; participation in the definition of the program sessions including project leaders; programming of project pitch sessions).
Reporting and annual evaluation of the Projects team activities and the participation of project leaders in the event:
- Contributing to the drafting of the Association’s annual report; drafting of communication materials and specific narratives related to the activities of the Projects team.
- Education: Master’s Degree (Bac +5 – Master 2) or equivalent diploma (eg. IEP);
- Areas of specialization: international relations, political science, international law, development, international cooperation, international project management, etc.
- Proficiency in English and French, both written and oral (C2 level or equivalent required);
- Good knowledge of the system of international organizations and sensitivity to the issues addressed by the Forum;
- Mastery of office software (Microsoft Office Suite);
- Prior experience of at least 5 years (implementation, management and/or support of international projects within an association, NGO, international organization, in France or abroad, including in the field);
- Previous experience preferred in the following fields: preparation and operational coordination of international events; implementation and coordination of project selection and support systems.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ease and precision in writing, excellent analytical and synthesis skills in French and English;
- Excellent organizational skills, methodological precision, ability to work in multidisciplinary teams as well as independently;
- Sense of responsibility, initiative, ability to set priorities and achieve objectives, even within tight deadlines;
- Ability to manage, support and train a team.
The following are considered advantages: leadership, development and project management skills; prior relevant experience; knowledge and mastery of other languages.
Full-time permanent contract starting September 2020.
The position will be based in the Permanent Secretariat of the Paris Peace Forum, located in Paris (15th). All or a portion of the work can be carried out at a distance, depending on health conditions and on the instructions of Secretariat management.
Benefits include lunch vouchers and 50% reimbursement of monthly public transportation, salary to be determined based on experience.
Interested candidates are requested to send a CV and cover letter no later than 16 August 2020 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Projects Manager” in the subject line of the email.
About the Paris Peace Forum
Conceived as a response to the rising tensions of the contemporary world, the Paris Peace Forum aims to be the place for governance solutions, particularly in the areas of peace & security, inclusive economy, environment, development, culture & education, and new technologies. Based on the belief that international cooperation is crucial to meeting global challenges and ensuring lasting peace, the Paris Peace Forum aims to bring together all global governance actors (states, international organizations, companies, foundations, NGOs and civil society as a whole) around concrete projects and initiatives.