Projects Assistant – Internship
Job to be filled as of :
The Paris Peace Forum association is currently seeking an intern for a 6-month duration (June through late November 2020).
The Permanent Secretariat of the association, composed of varied and versatile profiles (diplomacy, public relations, communication, events, programming, press, etc.), is currently looking for a full-time intern, for a period of six consecutive months, to support the members of the Projects team multiple aspects of their missions and responsibilities.
The intern will be closely involved in the preparation of the third edition of the Paris Peace Forum, and will in particular support the responsibilities associated with the selection and participation of the projects to be presented in November 2020, as well as the support of the projects accelerated by the Scale-up Committee.
Working closely alongside the Project Manager, and in close collaboration with all members of the Permanent Secretariat of the Forum – in particular the communication, programming and operations teams, the intern will provide support to the following objectives:
Selection of projects presented in the third edition of the Forum:
- Ensuring registration and follow-up of the project application evaluation;
- Updating the various selection and steering tools;
- Preparing the Selection Committee meeting;
- Preparing the announcement of the selected projects.
Participation of the project leaders selected for the third edition of the Forum:
- Preparing the project leaders to participate in the annual event, in close collaboration with the Operations team;
- Facilitate the project leader community;
- Preparing content for the production of the annual report.
Follow-up of the projects supported by the Forum’s Monitoring Committee :
- Supporting throughout the process of accelerating the projects chosen at the 2019 edition (follow-up of the Committee’s work, preparing content to draft an activity report, facilitating the community of supported project leaders (Scale-up Projects));
- Preparing the Scale-up projects’ participation in the annual event, in close collaboration with the Operations team;
- Facilitating the process of selecting of projects to benefit from support in 2021 (setting up the jury and selection tools, identification of high-potential projects).
Support the planning, preparation and follow-up of meetings related to project selection and support
Qualifications & experience:
- Higher education level: higher education or university degree equivalent to Bac+5 Master 2, IEP or specialized masters program
- Areas of focus: international relations, political science, international law, development, international cooperation, etc.
- Professional level of English, both written and spoken (level C2 or equivalent required);
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience: a first experience preferred in the field and/or within an association or NGO, in the field of international project management, in France or international
Skills & qualifications :
- Ability to write with ease and precision, in French and English;
- Ability to analyze and summarize, in French and English;
- Recognized interpersonal skills and good communication skills, especially with people from different cultural backgrounds;
- Good organization and methodological precision;
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently;
- A strong initiative and sense of responsibility, ability to work within tight deadlines;
- Good knowledge of the system of international organizations and sensitivity to the issues addressed by the Forum.
The following additional skills will be considered advantages: leadership, development and project management skills; prior association experience; ease of communication in other spoken languages.
Six-month full-time internship, ideally June through November 2020.
The internship will take place in the Permanent Secretariat of the Paris Peace Forum, located in Paris (15th arrondissement).
Compensation of €750 per month, lunch vouchers and 50% reimbursement of monthly public transportation.
Interested candidates are requested to send a CV and a letter of motivation by email before the 30 May 2020 to email@example.com specifying “Projects Internship” in the subject of the email.
About the Paris Peace Forum
Conceived as a response to the rising tensions of the contemporary world, the Paris Peace Forum aims to be the place for governance solutions, particularly in the areas of peace & security, inclusive economy, environment, development, culture & education, and new technologies. Each year, it brings together political and economic leaders and civil society actors around project leaders from all over the world.
The projects presented at the Paris Peace Forum are selected by a Selection Committee, within the framework of an annual Call for Projects open to all actors of global governance. The selected project leaders are accompanied by the Secretariat of the Paris Peace Forum leading up to their participation in the annual event.
The Forum also aims to promote the most relevant and promising projects: at the end of each edition of the Forum, 10 projects are chosen among those presented to be supported by a Steering Committee comprised of experts from leading institutions. In collaboration with the Permanent Secretariat of the association, the Steering Committee provides project leaders with customized support and advice in various fields (communication, strategy, organizational development, advocacy, etc.).