Projects Assistant – Internship
Job to be filled as of :
15 January 2021
The Paris Peace Forum association is currently seeking an intern for 3 months (mid-January to mid-April 2021)
The Permanent Secretariat of the association, composed of varied and versatile profiles (diplomacy, public relations, communication, events, programming, press, etc.), is currently looking for a full-time intern, for a period of three consecutive months, to support the members of the Projects team multiple aspects of their missions and responsibilities.
Working closely alongside the Head of Projects, and in close collaboration with all members of the Permanent Secretariat of the Forum – in particular the communications team, the intern will provide support regarding the following items:
Support the provision of Scale-up support to the 10 projects selected in 2020 to receive mentoring from the Forum’s Scale-up Committee :
- Following and supporting the work of the Committee and mentors;
- Preparing and reviewing reports related to the work of the Scale-up Committee;
- Supporting the development of activities for the scale up project leader community;
- Co-hosting workshops between Scale-up Project leaders;
- Supporting the planning, preparation and reporting of meetings linked to the work of the Scale-up Committee.
Support the day to day running of the Projects Department:
- Updating the team’s workplan and internal management tools;
- Supporting the development of activities for the community of Project Leaders from previous editions of the Forum;
- Note-taking, drafting of memos and reports;
- Oversight of the generic email address of the Department;
- Updating and managing internal information management and data systems.
Supporting the launch of the Call for Projects and the selection of projects for the 4th edition of the Forum:
- Supporting the setup of the Selection Committee;
- Contributing to the review of selection and application tools and modalities;
- Supporting the drafting of the Call for Projects and the definition of its priorities;
- Dissemination of the Call for Projects; identification and mobilisation of potential applicants.
Qualifications & experience:
- Education level: higher education or university degree equivalent to Bac+5 Master 2, IEP or specialized Masters program, pre-graduation internship
- Areas of focus: international relations, political science, international law, development, international cooperation, project management, etc.
- Professional level of French and English, both written and spoken at C2 or equivalent level;
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience preferred: an entry-level experience at field-level and/or within an NGO or international organisation, in the field of international project management, in France or abroad
Skills & qualifications :
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with ease and precision, in French and English;
- Ability to analyse and synthesise complex issues, in French and English;
- Recognized interpersonal skills and good communication skills, especially with people from different cultural backgrounds;
- Good organizational skills and methodological rigour;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Ability to take initiatives and a sense of responsibility, ability to work within tight deadlines;
- Good knowledge of the international aid and cooperation system, and familiarity with the issues addressed by the Forum.
The following additional skills will be considered advantages: project development and management; prior non-profit experience; proficiency in other languages (particularly Arabic or Spanish).
Three-month full-time internship, ideally 15 January through 15 April 2021.
The internship will take place in the Permanent Secretariat of the Paris Peace Forum, located in Paris (15th arrondissement), with some remote working expected depending on the evolution of the sanitary situation.
Compensation of €750 per month, lunch vouchers and 50% reimbursement of monthly public transportation.
Interested candidates are requested to send a CV and a cover letter by email before 11 December 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying “Projects Internship” in the subject of the email. Please note that applications may be reviewed as they come in and prior to the end of the application period.
About the Paris Peace Forum
Conceived as a response to the rising tensions of the contemporary world, the Paris Peace Forum aims to be the place for governance solutions, particularly in the areas of peace & security, inclusive economy, environment, development, culture & education, and new technologies. Each year, it brings together political and economic leaders and civil society actors around project leaders from all over the world.