Job to be filled as of :
As soon as possible
The Paris Peace Forum is recruiting a Program Officer on a fixed term contract to strengthen its team. The Program Officer will help shape, organize and deliver the program of the Paris Peace Forum (next edition: 11-13 November 2021). He/She will report to the Forum’s Program Director and collaborate with the Permanent Secretariat’s various departments.
Help develop the Paris Peace Forum event program:
- Identify the most relevant topical themes;
- Identify relevant personalities and speakers to invite;
- Update monitoring tools;
- Design panel sessions.
Ensure the operational implementation of the program:
- Draft and send invitation letters, and monitor responses;
- Liaise with confirmed speakers and coordinate all necessary preparations;
- Monitor and report on their registration via the event platform;
- Research global governance topics to prepare the event sessions;
- Prepare and send briefs and instructions to speakers;
- Ensure the smooth preparation and delivery of the online and on-site sessions as well as related editorial materials in coordination with the Program Director and the Secretariat’s teams;
- Welcome and brief speakers on-site and online via the digital event platform;
- Coordinate speaker support with volunteers on-site and online and ensure the smooth running of the sessions;
- Draft the program and a post-event wrap-up report;
- Contribute to other relevant written documents (including the Association’s Activity Report);
- Contribute to the Forum’s other events
The Program Officer will work closely with the other Permanent Secretariat departments, particularly its Operations, Communications, Partnerships, and Projects teams.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Education: Master’s Degree (or equivalent);
- Areas of specialization: international relations, political science, international law, development, international cooperation, etc.;
- Proficiency in English and French, both written and spoken (C2 level or equivalent required);
- Excellent command of the Microsoft Office suite and digital tools;
- Experience in planning major international events (on-site or online);
- Excellent command of virtual event and digital meeting tools appreciated.
Experience in project management, a prior volunteering commitment or experience in the non-profit sector, and a command of other foreign languages will be considered a plus.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong writing, analysis, and summarizing skills in both French and English;
- Solid organizational skills and methodological thoroughness;
- Good understanding of international organizations and a solid awareness of the issues addressed by the Forum;
- Ability to work in a team as well as autonomously;
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and under pressure;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, in particular with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Fixed-term full-time contract starting as soon as possible.
Salary: starting at €33K (gross/year), depending on profile and experience + 50% of lunch vouchers + 50% of transport costs + 50% company health insurance.
The Paris Peace Forum’s Permanent Secretariat offices are located in Paris (15ème arrondissement). All or part of the work can take place remotely, depending on the health conditions and the Secretariat’s Executive management’s instructions.
Please send your CV and cover letter (FR and EN) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 April 2021, with “Program Officer” as the email subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Note: CVs and cover letters sent in English are a plus.
About the Paris Peace Forum
The Paris Peace Forum was designed as a response to the rising challenges of the contemporary world. It aims to be the gathering place for governance solutions, particularly in the areas of Peace & Security, Inclusive economy, Environment, Development, Culture & Education, and New technologies. Based on the belief that international cooperation is crucial to meeting global challenges and ensuring lasting peace, the Paris Peace Forum aims to bring together all global governance actors (states, international organizations, companies, foundations, NGOs, and civil society as a whole) around concrete projects and initiatives.