Job to be filled as of :
As soon as possible
The Permanent Secretariat of the association is currently looking to fill the position of Program Manager.
He/she will be charged with the primary responsibility for shaping and organizing the program for the second edition of the Paris Peace Forum in coordination with the Forum’s leadership and the diverse team of the secretariat.
CORE MISSION & RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop the program of the Paris Peace Forum event:
- Define the strategic orientation of the event program;
- Identify the most relevant topical themes;
- Identify relevant personalities and speakers to invite;
- Manage internal reporting on program Development.
Ensure the operational implementation of the program:
- Produce and execute letters of invitation;
- Manage the organization and support of confirmed speakers of the Forum, to include functioning as the primary liaison for speakers and coordinating all necessary preparation;
- Manage and produce the final event program and related materials in coordination with the Chief Operating Officer;
- Deliver wrap-up reports from the event:
- Recruit a team of note takers for the Forum and coordinate their work;
- Guide and produce substantive wrap-up reports from the debates and output of the Forum;
- Contribute to other relevant written products and activity reports of the association.
The Program Manager will work closely with the other members of the permanent secretariat to ensure coordination and synergy of effort, in particular with teams responsible for Communications, Partnerships, and Projects.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Education: Masters Degree (Bac +5 – type Master 2 equivalent) or diploma equivalent (IEP or specialized magister)
- Areas of specialization: international relations, political science, international law, development, international cooperation, etc.
- Proficiency in English, both written and oral (C2 level or equivalent required);
- Mastery of office software (Microsoft Office Pack);
Desirable: Previous experience in the programming of seminars or international conferences.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong writing, analysis, and editing skills in both French and in English;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including ease of interacting in diverse cultural environments;
- Solid organizational skills and methodological rigor;
- Strong management skills, including the ability to work in a team as well as autonomously;
- Comfortable in taking the initiative, able to work within tight deadlines, and conducts their work with a sense of responsibility;
- Good understanding of international organizations and a solid awareness of the issues addressed by the Forum.
Considered as advantageous: project management skills, experience with project development and management; experience in non-profit organization; knowledge and command of other languages.
Permanent contract and salary to be negotiated according to experience.
The position will be based in the Permanent Secretariat of the Paris Peace Forum, located in Paris (7th arrondissement).
Interested candidates are requested to send a CV and cover letter no later than 1 april 2019 by email to email@example.com stating “Offer Program Manager” in the subject line of the email.