Job to be filled as of :
The Permanent Secretariat is currently looking to fill the position of Invitations Officer. He/She will help manage the invitation process for the third edition of the Paris Peace Forum in close coordination with the Forum’s Public Relations Manager, leadership and the whole team of the secretariat.
Invitation process management:
- Implement the Forum’s invitation policy
- Monitor and report on the registration process
- Generate invitation letters
- Manage RSVPs and special requests
- Maintain connection with the Forum participants
Pre-Forum guests management:
- Assist with the conception of programs for VIP guests
- Assist with preparing and sending briefings and instructions
Participants management during the Forum:
- Manage and coordinate the welcome and complaint desks
- Brief the reception staff and volunteers
- Assist with the formal welcome of VIP guests
Support the creation of the Forum’s annual report:
- Generate statistics on participation at the Paris Peace Forum
The Invitations Officer will work in close collaboration with the Public Relations Manager and in coordination with the rest of the permanent Secretariat’s units to ensure coordination and synergy of effort, in particular with teams responsible for Operations, Communications, Partnerships, and Projects.
- Education: Master’s Degree (Bac +5 – Master 2) or equivalent diploma (eg. IEP);
- Areas of specialization: international relations, political science, international law, development, international cooperation, etc.;
- Proficiency in English and French, both written and oral (C2 level or equivalent required);
- Mastery of office software (Microsoft Office Suite) and digitally savvy;
- A first work experience for a major international event would be appreciated;
- A previous experience working with guest management for a major international event would be appreciated;
- A previous experience working with a guest management platform would be appreciated.
Considered as advantageous: Experience in project development, non-profit organization, knowledge and command of other languages.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong analytical and editing skills;
- Solid organizational skills and methodological rigor;
- Good understanding of international organizations and a solid awareness of the issues addressed by the Forum;
- Ability to work in a team as well as autonomously;
- Comfortable working within tight deadlines and ability to handle pressure;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including ease of interacting in diverse cultural environments.
Full-time fixed-term contract for five months starting at the beginning of August 2020.
The position will be based in the Permanent Secretariat of the Paris Peace Forum, located in Paris (15th). All or a portion of the work can be carried out at a distance, depending on health conditions and on the instructions of Secretariat management.
Benefits include lunch vouchers and 50% reimbursement of monthly public transportation.
Interested candidates are requested to send a CV and cover letter no later than 14 July 2020 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Invitations Officer” in the subject line of the email.
About the Paris Peace Forum
Conceived as a response to the rising tensions of the contemporary world, the Paris Peace Forum aims to be the place for governance solutions, particularly in the areas of peace & security, inclusive economy, environment, development, culture & education, and new technologies. Based on the belief that international cooperation is crucial to meeting global challenges and ensuring lasting peace, the Paris Peace Forum aims to bring together all global governance actors (states, international organizations, companies, foundations, NGOs and civil society as a whole) around concrete projects and initiatives.