Head of Protocol
Job to be filled as of :
As soon as possible
The Paris Peace Forum is recruiting a Head of Protocol on a permanent contract to strengthen its team.
The Head of Protocol will manage the Association’s relations with its institutional partners (international organizations, local authorities, think tanks, etc.) and all embassies and diplomatic representations in Paris. He/she will ensure the highest protocol standards are respected in the Association’s relations with institutions and governments. Prior to the event, they will be in charge of inviting high-level personalities and will manage the event’s protocol-related aspects in coordination with the Association’s operations and programming departments.
The Head of Protocol reports to executive management and is responsible for the following:
Manage the circle of institutional partners:
- inform, monitor, and liaise with these partners throughout the year;
- prepare the participation of institutional partners (either as projects or speaking slots);
- monitor the work of institutional partners (projects, structuring initiatives, events); and
- identify new institutional partners
Manage the network of foreign embassies and permanent representatives based in Paris:
- prepare informational meetings (4 per year);
- manage relations with embassies and permanent representations;
- prepare the participation of government representatives in close connection with the Association’s programming and operations departments; and
- supervise the Association’s diplomatic department (4 to 6 people) in charge of embassy relations in the run-up to the event.
- identify and qualify the people likely to integrate the Forum community;
- supervise the invitation process (including official invitations) in the run-up to the event;
- draft official letters, diplomatic correspondence, and reports;
- manage all protocol-related aspects (registration, reception, seating, briefs) during the event;
- provide protocol expertise for the Association’s events; and
- liaise with the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs’ relevant services (protocol, private offices, geographical directorates, etc.).
- Education: Master’s degree in communication, political science, law (or equivalent)
- At least three years’ experience in a similar position (protocol, private office, communication or event agency, embassy, etc.)
- Excellent command of protocol (in particular of French decree n°89-655 of 13 September 1989) and a strong understanding of international relations
- Experience in designing bilateral and multilateral diplomatic events
- Professional proficiency in English
- Writing skills, perfect command of spelling, syntax, and style
- Experience in team management (1 to 2 project managers)
- Excellent presentation, discretion, thoroughness, composure, good interpersonal skills, availability
The Head of Protocol will interact directly with a wide range of contacts, including high-ranking officials. It will therefore be required to demonstrate discretion and professional judgment.
Salary: starting at €42K (gross/year), depending on profile and experience + 50% of lunch vouchers + 50% of transport costs + 50% company health insurance.
The Paris Peace Forum’s Permanent Secretariat offices are located in Paris (15ème arrondissement). All or part of the work can take place remotely, depending on the health conditions and the Secretariat’s Executive management’s instructions.
Please send your CV and cover letter (FR and EN) to email@example.com by 15 February, with “Head of Protocol” as the email subject line.
ABOUT THE PARIS PEACE FORUM
The Paris Peace Forum was designed as a response to the rising challenges of the contemporary world. It aims to be the gathering place for governance solutions, particularly in the areas of Peace & Security, Inclusive economy, Environment, Development, Culture & Education, and New technologies. Based on the belief that international cooperation is crucial to meeting global challenges and ensuring lasting peace, the Paris Peace Forum aims to bring together all global governance actors (states, international organizations, companies, foundations, NGOs, and civil society as a whole) around concrete projects and initiatives.