Job to be filled as of :
As soon as possible
The Permanent Secretariat of the association is currently looking to fill a position of full-time French/English translator for nine consecutive months.
He/she will be charged with the primary responsibility for producing and conducting quality control over the translation of all documents representing the Forum.
The translator will be an integral part of the permanent secretariat and work in close collaboration with the other members of the diverse team.
French and English are the two official languages of the Forum. All of our events, project work, governance, and external relations are conducted in either English or French. All documents produced by the Permanent Secretariat (political, legal, communications, digital, event materials, and program content) are systematically translated into these two languages.
CORE MISSION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Translate documents between French and English. Due to the diverse work of the secretariat, documents for translation will be widely varied in content and nature (including legal, political, administrative, and communications text);
- Review and edit, as necessary, documents produced by the secretariat in English to ensure correctness and proper idiomatic usage;
- Produce reports in English and French as requested;
- Contribute support to broader activities of the Forum according to the needs of the Association, particularly in the field of public relations.
- Professional fluency in both English and French languages;
- Proficiency in professional French / English translation;
- Strong writing, analysis, and editing skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a team as well as autonomously;
- Comfortable in taking the initiative, able to work within tight deadlines, and conducts their work with a sense of responsibility.
- Knowledge of international relations and/or the areas of the Paris Peace Forum’s work;
- Mastery of the fundamentals of communications, particularly in digital communications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a Masters level degree (Niveau master 2 equivalent) in applied foreign languages or translation. Or a comparable diploma in translation or interpretation studies;
- Minimum of three years of work experience.
Permanent contract for nine months. Salary to be negotiated according to experience.
The position will be based in the Permanent Secretariat of the Paris Peace Forum, located in Paris (7th arrondissement).
Interested candidates are requested to send a CV and cover letter no later than 19 april 2019 by email to email@example.com stating “Offer Traduction” in the subject line of the email.