Event and Planning Manager
Job to be filled as of :
As soon as possible
The Paris Peace Forum is recruiting an Event and Planning Manager on a permanent contract to strengthen its team.
Prior to the event, they will supervise the rollout of a planning solution aiming to optimize the coordination of all the Paris Peace Forum’s departments and partners.
The Event and Planning Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer. They will collaborate with all the Paris Peace Forum departments and the vendors involved in the production of the Association’s yearly event. The Event and Planning Manager is tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Ensure the event concept’s operational implementation and produce the event in its hybrid and/or physical format.
- Prepare and coordinate teams during the event with a specific focus on participant welcome and experience, logistics and support for Scale-up Projects.
- Manage relevant files and databases and, in particular, invitations for the event’s various audiences (participants, international delegations, speakers, project leaders, and partners).
- Oversee the post-event evaluation of vendors and the drafting of operational reports.
- Implement and monitor the Association’s project-related organization.
- Identify, roll out, and supervise a new planning tool shared by each of the Paris Peace Forum’s departments.
- Identify and monitor any organizational improvements for optimized event production.
Operations department-related duties
- Assist the Chief Operating Officer in the overall management of the event.
- Detect and solve organizational friction points.
- Prepare presentation and evaluation documents for operational topics.
- Draft reports and meeting minutes.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Previous experience in the design and/or delivery of international events with a political dimension.
- In-depth knowledge of planning and project management tools.
- Fluent in English and French.
- Good writing skills in both languages.
- Excellent command of protocol and knowledge of international relations.
- Relational skills and real ability to interact with audiences from various cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent presentation, availability, discretion, thoroughness, and composure.
Salary: between €39K and €44K (gross/year), depending on profile and experience + 50% of lunch vouchers + 50% of transport costs + 50% company health insurance.
The Paris Peace Forum’s Permanent Secretariat offices are located in Paris (15ème arrondissement). All or part of the work can take place remotely, depending on the health conditions and the Secretariat’s Executive management’s instructions.
Please send your CV and cover letter (FR and EN) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 February, with “Event and Planning Manager” as the email subject line.
ABOUT THE PARIS PEACE FORUM
The Paris Peace Forum was designed as a response to the rising challenges of the contemporary world. It aims to be the gathering place for governance solutions, particularly in the areas of Peace & Security, Inclusive economy, Environment, Development, Culture & Education, and New technologies. Based on the belief that international cooperation is crucial to meeting global challenges and ensuring lasting peace, the Paris Peace Forum aims to bring together all global governance actors (states, international organizations, companies, foundations, NGOs, and civil society as a whole) around concrete projects and initiatives.