Job to be filled as of :
Before summer 2020
The team of the Permanent Secretariat of the Paris Peace Forum Association, composed of varied profiles (diplomacy, public relations, communication, events, programming, press, etc.), is currently looking for a Communications Director under a permanent contract.
Working directly with the Director General and the Secretary General, and under their leadership, you will be in charge of the Communications Department and will play a key role in developing the visibility of all the activities of the Paris Forum for Peace association and in particular:
- The annual event to encourage participation and promote programming
- The process of accompaniment of the projects supported by the association
Driving a dynamic and innovative 360° communication strategy, your objective is to increase the notoriety and visibility of the Paris Peace Forum, to communicate on the impact and to engage new media partners and press actors to support the development of the organization.
To raise awareness, increase visibility and publicize its actions, the organization relies on a strong presence across social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) as well as content production adapted to these platforms that contributes to the overall influence of the Forum in all countries.
You will work closely with the current Communications Manager in strategy definition and the implementation of all communication actions, and within a varied team whose needs you understand and are able to translate into the general communication of the organization.
You have a clear understanding of the budgetary and financial implications of the communication activity, which you integrate into the more general constraints of the organization. In this respect, depending on the fundraising, you are capable of adaptability and creativity.
PRIMARY MISSIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Institutional and digital communication:
- Building and managing communication campaigns in line with the identity of the association
- Definition and implementation of a content strategy across the organization’s communication tools (publishing, social networks, website)
- In collaboration with all the departments of the organization (partnerships, programming, projects, public relations), elaboration and implementation of communication actions in order to achieve the objectives
- Coordination of digital communication
- Development of the media engagement strategy
- Development of the journalist network
- Research and development of media partnerships
- Management of relations with all press and media players
- Planning and implementation of actions (organization of briefings and press conferences)
- Drafting of press kits, press releases and invitations
- Ensuring media monitoring
Management and operation of the communication department
- Measuring the impact of communication actions
- Monitoring and reporting on actions carried out and proposing areas for improvement
- Facilitation of meetings
- Management of 1 to 3 people depending on the period of the year
- Budgetary reporting and financial assessment of actions
Qualifications & Experience:
With a higher education (Bac+5 level), you have a Master 2 in communications or marketing from a major communications school (CELSA, EFAP, etc.) IEP or specialized master.
You have more than 5 years’ experience in a similar position. You have carried out similar missions in a small or medium structure. You are an expert in high-level political communication and/or international communication.
You have a 360° profile and master both institutional communications and press relations, while having a good knowledge of digital communications. The various media actors are no secret for you, and you bring with you an established network of journalist contact points.
Detail-oriented with a great sense of organization, you know how to show creativity, reactivity and adaptability. You have excellent interpersonal skills and sharp writing skills. Lastly, you like to work in a team while having the ability to prioritize and manage multiple subjects and actors simultaneously.
You are perfectly bilingual in English and French.
- Good knowledge of office software (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Good knowledge of graphic and editing tools
- Good knowledge of press monitoring and research techniques to provide information, analyze feedback and associated tools
Full time permanent contract, with an ideal start date spring 2020.
This position takes place within the Paris Peace Forum’s Permanent Secretariat, in Paris’ 15th arrondissement.
Salary to be discussed based on experience. Benefits include lunch vouchers and reimbursement of 50% of the cost of the transport ticket.
Candidates are asked to apply by sending a CV and a cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14 April 2020. Please indicate ‘Communications Director’ in the email subject line.