Job to be filled as of :
As soon as possible
The Permanent Secretariat of the association is currently looking to fill the position of Communication Manager.
He/she will lead the communications work of the Paris Peace Forum, collaborating closely with the diverse teams within the Secretariat.
This individual will be charged with the primary responsibility for building a communications strategy for the Paris Peace Forum and leading its implementation. They will play a pivotal role in helping to advance the promotion and awareness of the Paris Peace Forum both for its flagship event and its programmatic work.
CORE MISSIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop a public relations and outreach strategy for the Paris Peace Forum:
- Anticipate, analyze and assess the Paris Peace Forum’s communication needs; define the communication strategy encompassing not only the core objectives and messages but also targeted, timely needs;
- Prepare the annual communication plan;
- Identify target audiences;
- Design and update monitoring mechanisms and standards controls for implemention of the communication strategy.
Ensure the operational implementation of all communications activities:
- Design and draft all public messaging documents;
- Coordinate and supervise implementation of the digital communication track;
- Design and implement communications around intermediate events;
- Actively develop and enrich the media and communications network for the Paris Peace Forum. Initiate outreach with relevant media and related actors in order to promote the message and activities of the Paris Peace Forum and it’s wider community throughout the year;
- Manage media and digital coverage of the flagship event, including oversight of all implementation during the event. This includes the “live” streaming (and all digital communication; photo and video cataloguing, social network coverage, etc.).
Ensure the quality standards and messaging coherence of all content produced during the Paris Peace Forum:
- Direct the creation of distributable products through which the Paris Peace Forum can synthesize value-added insight and best practices flowing from its debates, projects and partner activities. Products will cover varied themes and topics and be produced throughout the year;
- Accompany the selected follow-on incubator projects with their communication strategy;
- Contribute to the drafting of the Secretariat’s regular reporting to key stakeholders;
- Evaluate and oversee quality control of communication operations: develop and implement mechanisms for impact assessment of the Paris Peace Forum’s messaging and communications.
The Communications Manager will supervise a team of two, including a staff member who is specialized in media relations press and a staff member in charge of digital communications.
He/she will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and will ensure a close link between communications activities and the other clusters of the permanent secretariat, particularly in terms of event programming and enhancement of projects and partner activities supported by the Paris Peace Forum.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Education: Masters Degree (Bac +5 – type Master 2 equivalent) in Communications or a diploma from a reputable school of communication (CELSA, EFAP, etc.), IEP or specialized magister
- Areas of specialization: communication 360, institutional communication
- Proficiency in English, both written and oral (C2 level or equivalent required);
- Mastery of office software (Microsoft Office Pack);
- Mastery of the graphic chain;
- Strong knowledge of digital communication methods and practices.
Desirable: Prior experience as a communication manager in a small or medium-sized structure; prior work with event communications for seminars or international conferences; experience with high level political communications.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ease and editorial rigor, in both French and English;
- Strong writing, analysis and synthesis skills, in both French and in English;
- Strong relationship skills and good communication skills, especially with people from different cultural backgrounds;
- Solid organizational skills and methodological rigor;
- Ability to manage, to work in teams as well as autonomously;
- Willingness to take the initiative, ability to adapt, a sense of responsibility, and the ability to work within tight deadlines and on short turn-around;
- Good knowledge of the system of international organizations and strong sensitivity for the issues addressed by the Forum.
Considered as advantages: knowledge of the Adobe suite, fluency in digital communication, knowledge and proficiency in other languages.
Permanent contract and salary to be negotiated according to experience.
The job will be based in the Permanent Secretariat of the Paris Peace Forum, located in Paris (7th arrondissement).
Interested candidates are requested to send a CV and cover letter no later than 29 March 2019 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Offer Comunication Manager” in the subject line of the email.