Volunteers Project Manager
Job to be filled as of: September 2022
The Permanent Secretariat of the Association is currently looking to fill a position of full-time volunteers’ program officer for 3 consecutive months. He/She will work on the successful implementation of the 5th edition of the event (November 2022), under the responsibility of the Chief Operating Officer.
- Organizing the selection process for students and issuing call for volunteers’ applications
- Carrying-out the initial evaluation of applications, seeking-out and obtaining advice along with final validation by schools’ management teams and the Paris Peace Forum management team
- Defining the tasks and responsibilities assigned to volunteers (reception, delegations support, digital support, note-takers…)
- Acting as a link between the Paris Peace Forum, the volunteers and the schools’ management teams
- Organizing student participant during the event (roles, shifts…) and the lead the volunteers’ group as a community
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the volunteer program officer will work in closely with all the permanent Secretariat’s members.
Qualifications & Experience
- Education: Master’s Degree (Bac +4) or equivalent diploma
- English speaking (bilingual or native speaker would be a great asset)
- Previous experience at international event(s) is appreciated
- Interpersonal skills with a real ability to manage and interact with a wide variety of cultural backgrounds,
- Strong capacity to adapt and to work within tight deadlines,
- High methodological quality.
Full-time, fixed-term contract for a period of 3 months, salary to be negotiated depending on experience.
Interested candidates are requested to send a CV and cover letter by August 1st 2022 via email to email@example.com.
About the Paris Peace Forum
The Paris Peace Forum is a French initiative launched in 2018 to create a multi-actor platform in Paris to address global governance issues. Throughout the year, the Forum works to strengthen the governance of global commons, such as space, cyberspace, or the oceans, and improve the international management of global issues, the development of AI and disruptive technologies, or the ecological and social transition of the economy. Its annual event gathers heads of state, government and international organization, as well as civil society and private sector leaders, around concrete initiatives with an emphasis on the global South.