Development manager - Climate Overshoot Commission
The Paris Peace Forum seeks, for the Climate Overshoot Commission project, a full-time remote or in-person development manager for a fixed term contract of roughly 18 months.
The position will be responsible for fundraising for the Commission and its supporting secretariat. To this end, the development manager will, among other things:
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy;
- In cooperation with the executive secretary, establish and cultivate relationships with prospective and current funders, primarily philanthropic foundations;
- Lead grant writing, application, negotiation, tracking, and reporting;
- Attend some meetings of the Commission.
Depending on the candidate, the position could also include some communications work. This would entail, in cooperation with the executive secretary, writing and helping deliver press releases, newsletters, and regular reports to intergovernmental organizations and other supporters.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The successful candidate:
- Has five or more years of post-university experience, of which at least three years are in partnership development at a nongovernmental organization, intergovernmental organization, foundation, or similar institution;
- Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and spoken) skills;
- Can establish and maintain relationships with people at diverse levels of authority;
- Has a strong work ethic;
- Is organized and detail-oriented;
- Is comfortable as part of a small, growing team;
- Can occasionally travel;
- Is knowledgeable of climate change philanthropy, politics, and language;
- Is fluent in English.
Full-time, contracted fixed term employment until the project ends, estimated at April 2024. Other arrangements may be possible.
Work may be remote but should include the ability to work with significant overlap of hours with standard office hours in Central European Time.
Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience, starting around 55K EUR per annum.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send a brief cover letter and CV by close-of-business 30 September by email to email@example.com, specifying “Commission development manager” in the subject line. Only applications received in English will be considered.
About the Climate Overshoot Commission and the Paris Peace Forum
The Climate Overshoot Commission is an independent group of eminent global leaders, who will recommend a strategy to reduce risks should global warming goals be exceeded. It will meet approximately six times in person in global locations, leading to a report in late summer 2023. A Secretariat composed of academic experts and professional diplomats supports the Commission. The Secretariat is currently hosted by the Paris Peace Forum, an international civil society organisation committed to improve global governance.