Call for Projects
What is the objective of our Call for Projects?
As a platform, we push forward innovative solutions to tackle today's transnational challenges.
Each year, the Paris Peace Forum launches a Call for Projects to select concrete governance solutions which take on global challenges related to the 6 themes comprising the focus of the annual event:
Peace & Security Development Environment New technologies Inclusive economy Culture & Education
In 2020, special consideration will be given to initiatives addressing the following objectives:
- Constructing more solid security architectures
- Reconciling development finance with climate efforts
- Bouncing back after Coronavirus and improving tools of resilience
- Crafting sustainable capitalism
- Protecting the oceans
- Improving access to clean water
- Making outer space safe and sustainable
- Securing cyberspace
- Regulating the use of data and AI
- Enhancing the governance of education
- Ensuring gender equality
Why should you submit your project?
Our Call for Projects is open to all key actors of global governance: states, international organizations, NGOs, companies, foundations, philanthropic organizations, development agencies, religious groups, trade unions, think tanks, universities, and more.
During the annual Forum in Paris, the selected projects are each invited to showcase their initiative in the Space for Solutions. By taking part in the Paris Peace Forum as a project leader, you will have the unique opportunity to showcase your innovative solution and push your project forward:
- By increasing its visibility, benefiting from the number of visitors as well as the international media coverage of the event
- By testing it before diverse audiences, through a pitch presentation, as part of a debate, or by scheduling meetings with other participants at your stand
- By connecting with potential partners: heads of state and government, high-level representatives of international organizations, directors of NGOs and companies, philanthropists, experts, journalists, etc.
- You will also be able to share your experience and knowledge with other project leaders and participants from all over the world.
After the Forum, we support the scaling up of 10 of the most relevant and promising governance projects, along four dimensions:
- Policy and advocacy
- Communication and visibility
- Partnerships and funding
What are the eligibility conditions and the selection criteria?
To be eligible, your project must meet each of the following conditions:
- Propose an innovative solution to address a transnational challenge, either:
- Normative projects: instruments of law, standards, and good practices
- Capacity-building projects: new institutions, mechanisms, and innovations
- Offer a cooperative approach
- Be presented by an organization and not by an individual person
- Be managed by a team of a minimum of two persons
- Be related to one of our six major themes
- Be at an advanced conception stage or in an early implementation phase
The relevance and overall quality of your project will be examined considering the following criteria:
- The political relevance of the challenge tackled
- The innovative character of the solution or tool submitted
- The diversity and number of the stakeholders involved
- The feasibility
- The results and scope of the impact
- The universality, potential for development, expansion, or replication
- The capacity to serve the common interest
How to submit a project?
The Call for Projects is open from 12 March to 12 May 2020.
→Please note, applications submitted outside the online procedure or after the Call for Projects closing date will not be considered. The Selection Committee will assess the projects based solely on the information contained in the online application form.
→ Discover the projects showcased at the Forum in 2019, selected among the 716 Call for Projects applicants.
Time remaining to submit your project
2020 Selection Committee
Project submissions are reviewed by our Selection Committee, which is composed of renowned experts from key institutions of global governance.
Haifa Dia Al-Attia
Vice President and CEO
Luminus Education, Luminus Plus
Head of the Regional Delegation
International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Founder and Director
Paris Peace Forum
Review each of the steps on the Call for Projects calendar leading up to the announcement of the 2020 Selected Projects.
4 March 2020
Initial meeting of the Selection Committee
12 March 2020
Launch of the 2020 Call for Projects
25 April 2020
200 days until the 2020 Paris Peace Forum
Final days to submit your governance initiative
12 May 2020
Deadline for the Call for Projects at 6pm (Paris time / 5pm GMT) - strict deadline, no exceptions
19 June 2020
Selection Committee meeting (all applications will be reviewed)
1 July 2020
Announcement of the projects selected to participate in the 2020 Paris Peace Forum