The Paris Peace Forum and the ONE Campaign invite you to take part in the discussion
Didn’t get a chance to tune in? Watch the replay of the discussion
Broadcasted LIVE on 5 July at 16:00 CEST (Paris time) – 10:00 EST (New York time)
Last week, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Trade Organization (WTO), World Bank Group (WBG), and World Health Organization (WHO) set up a “war room” to coordinate the response to the pandemic and push global leaders to raise their ambitions.
On Monday 5th July, a few days before a crucial G20 ministerial meeting, the ONE Campaign and the Paris Peace Forum brought together the heads of these global organisations to publicly set out the importance of a truly global approach to end the pandemic and the steps needed to put this roadmap into action. In particular, the speakers focused on the importance of:
- Vaccinating at least 40% of people in every country by the end of this year and 60% by mid-2022
- Sharing 1 billion vaccine doses with developing countries within 2021
- Providing financing, including grants and concessional financing, to close the residual gaps
- Removing all barriers to export of inputs and finished vaccines, and other barriers to supply chain operations
Introduction by Pascal Lamy, President of the Paris Peace Forum
Leaders share their plans and targets for putting the COVID-19 crisis behind us:
– Intervention by David Malpass, President of the World Bank Group
– Discussion between Kristalina Georgieva, Director-General of the International Monetary Fund, and Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Director-General of the World Trade Organization, moderated by Pascal Lamy
** Please note that the discussion was conducted in English.