In 2020, the world is facing a health crisis with dramatic consequences that knows no borders and calls for collective solutions. Yet international coordination is at a loss, while short-term national calculations and lack of solidarity, especially with developing countries, take precedence.
The Paris Peace Forum was created to respond to this crisis of multilateralism, which is not new but has sharply increased in 2020. Given the scale of the challenges before us, the Forum devoted its third edition to projects and initiatives from around the world aimed at providing immediate responses to the Coronavirus crisis.
The third edition in numbers
- 117 hours of live broadcasting (close to 5 days chronologically)
- 178 debate sessions and project pitches
- 12,000 participants
- 151 countries represented
- More than 50 heads of state and government
- 12 international organisations
- 100 projets presented
- 10 projets supported in 2021